Monday, August 4, 2014

End the genocide in Gaza

The original poster
Several years ago, I stumbled on a database of vintage Zionist propaganda posters (I can’t find it anymore, or I’d link to it). I was struck by the optimism and innocence of those brightly coloured seventies’ designs – they looked like the pages from any number of classic children’s books – and by how it contrasted with Israel’s terrible actions against the Palestinians.

This one on the right caught my attention especially, probably because the big story at that time was the wall that Israel built, seizing yet more land and turning Gaza into a giant prison. So I made this updated version. I don’t know if it’s really worthwhile – I suppose it’s a very design-nerdy response to the murder of thousands of people – but it was on my mind for a long time, so I finally just did it. The line was originally going to be “End apartheid in Israel,” but given recent events, it didn’t seem strong enough anymore.

Feel free to take this image if you want it. If you want to do something, here are some links:

No comments: